Healthy Start & Family Spirit
Pregnancy and parenting aren’t always easy – and everyone could use a little support! By combining traditional teachings and values with today’s knowledge of health and development, Healthy Start & Family Spirit are here to support the building of strong families and strong nations. Services are available to families from pregnancy until your child’s 5th birthday.
Healthy Start & Family Spirit is open to all families in Southeastern Michigan, with a focus on the Native American and other indigenous communities. There are no income or insurance requirements. Home-based support is available within 45 miles of Detroit.
También ofrecemos el programa en español, para familias de Latinoamérica y el caribe.
To register or for more information, please contact our Healthy Start Program at (313) 846-6030
- Meet with our team 1-2 times per month at your home or wherever is most convenient for you.
- Get answers to your questions about pregnancy and parenting, including childbirth education and breastfeeding support.
- Learn about health and safety for yourself and your little one using the Family Spirit curriculum – created by and for Native families.
- Track your child’s development and get tools and strategies to help your child learn.
- Receive emotional support during this important phase in your life.
- Be connected with resources for food, housing, and baby items.
- Parent-child playgroups
- Annual baby celebrations
- Presentations about traditional prenatal and postpartum practices
- Infant massage classes
- Car seat checks
- And more!