Here To Serve
American Indian Health and Family Services has a medical clinic that is open to persons with or without insurance. We provide services to all people in need, regardless of their ethnicity, nationality, gender, race, religion, age, or sexual orientation.
Alaskan Natives, American Indians enrolled in a federally recognized tribe, or first or second-degree descendants of enrolled tribal members are eligible for services at no cost.
Some of our accepted insurances can be found on our FAQs webpage, but please call to get the most up-to-date info. If a person has insurance they will need to bring that information to the initial visit to ensure coverage.
If a person does not have insurance they must bring in proof of income to qualify for the sliding fee discount.
We also have a financial hardship policy to establish a standard procedure of providing discounted services to clients experiencing financial hardship without violating Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services billing guidelines or other provider contractual obligations.
We also have a financial hardship policy in order to establish a standard procedure of providing discounted services to clients experiencing financial hardship without violating Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services billing guidelines or other provider contractual obligations.
Click here to see our 2020 Financial Hardship policy(pdf) below.
What to bring with you:
• Driver’s license or state identification
• Status card
• Insurance information
• Proof of income
Please call us for more details or for any questions you may have.
Behavioral Health Department
AIHFS provides transportation to eligible clients to and from their appointments and/or programs. All transportation clients must sign a Transportation Service Agreement.
Eligibility requirements include:
- You must have absolutely no other means of transportation
- Your insurance carrier does not provide transportation. If you need help determining if your insurance company provides transportation, please call us.
- You must live within 35 miles of AIHFS
- Transportation requests must be made at least 72 hours before scheduled transport should you need to cancel.
- Transportation must be canceled at least 24 hours before scheduled transport should you need to cancel.
- AIHFS may transport minors between the ages of 8-17 without a parent/guardian to and from certain programs or events. A parent/guardian must sign a Transportation Service Agreement before transportation.
All eligible clients must comply with the Transportation Program Guide the Transportation Service Agreement. Failure to comply with all rules and regulations may result in a Suspension and or discharge of transportation privileges.